Bacon-Cheddar Spaghetti Squash
- 1 (3-lb) spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 3 slices center cut bacon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ (8-oz) block ⅓-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (6-oz) pkg baby spinach
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Place squash, cut sides down, in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave 15 minutes or until fork-tender. Use a fork to remove spaghetti-like strands from squash.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Add onion and garlic to hot drippings; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in cream cheese, broth, and salt; cook until smooth.
- Gradually add spinach; cook until thickened and spinach is wilted. Stir in squash strands. Spoon mixture into squash shells. Sprinkle with Cheddar and bacon. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is golden.